I am Mrs Shepherd and my role at Prenton Primary School is Inclusion Management. I am also known as a SENCO – Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator.
I have worked for 15 years as a class teacher across Key Stage 1 and as an Inclusion Manager across Key Stage 1 and 2 since amalgamation in 2005.
I liaise with Mrs Lloyd and Miss Brayley to monitor and track learning targets for all children.
The Senior Management Team meet regularly to discuss progress of pupils across the school and put in place extra support when needed.
My role is varied:
- I help to support staff training
- I liaise with outside agencies to support children in school, eg School Nurse, Social and Communication Support Teachers, Orrets Meadow
- I work with parents to support their child/children within school and also within our Prenton community
- I am able to offer support in writing Health Care Plans
- I work closely with Mrs Paton, Reading Support, to ensure that all children needing support in reading and phonics receive it
- I inform Governors of SEN across school in meetings and provide written reports
- I support staff, pupils and parents in transitions across school and from F1 to F2, from Year 6 to secondary school.
If you have any worries or concerns about your child’s progress, please contact me via the School Office.