SEND General Leaflet

Wirral Disagreement Resolution & Mediation Service Leaflet

Wirral SEND Partnership Information Advice and Support Service have a website with useful links and downloads relating to the new SEND Regulations.  Please click on the link to view these

Please click on the link below to look at information regarding children’s services:

Operation Encompass Letter Oct 2014

Click for WirralWell the online directory for health, social care, wellbeing and events

Additional support for pupils with or without an Educational Health Care Plan outside school can include:

CAMHS – Child Adolescent Mental Health Services.

CAMHS are specialist NHS services.

To find your local CAMHS service:

  • speak to your GP who can refer you
  • search online for Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services in your area

Children and young people and their families can be referred to CAMHS if children are finding it hard to cope with family life, school or the wider world.  If these difficulties are too much for family, friends or GPs to help with, CAMHS may be able to assist.

Types of problems CAMHS can help with include violent or angry behaviour, depression, eating difficulties, low self-esteem, anxiety, obsessions or compulsions, sleep problems, self-harming and the effects of abuse or traumatic events.  CAMHS can also diagnose and treat serious mental health problems such as bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.

Paediatrician community

Community Paediatrician – Your Community Paediatrician is a specialist doctor who plays a key role in the identification of children who may have special educational needs.  This professional is able to assess your child’s needs.  As well as advising you about health matters, this doctor may discuss with you concerns about possible learning difficulties.

Physiotherapist – A Physiotherapist is trained to provide assessment and treatment in overcoming movement and physical difficulties such as problems of balance, coordination, sitting, standing and walking.  The Designated Medical Officer may ask a Physiotherapist to give advice as a contribution to the statutory assessment process.  Physiotherapists are employed by the Health and Social Services Trusts.

Social Worker – A Social Worker is trained to provide support and advice for parents and families.  Social Workers may contribute Welfare Advice to the statutory assessment.  Social Workers are employed by the Health and Social Services Trusts.

Health Visitor – A Health Visitor is a qualified nurse who has undertaken extra specialist training.  They may refer pre-school children with special educational needs to the Community Paediatrician.  Your Health Visitor may be asked by the Designated Medical Officer to provide advice as part of the statutory assessment process.

Occupational Therapist – The Occupational Therapist is trained to provide assessment, treatment and rehabilitation for children and young people who have physical, coordination and processing difficulties.  The Designated Medical Officer may ask an Occupational Therapist to give advice as a contribution to the Statutory assessment process.  Occupational Therapists are employed by the Health and Social Services Trusts.

With parental permission to share information these services support children with SEND needs.

Prenton Primary School welcomes all additional information to support SEND pupils.

We liaise closely with all Health Services.